Tuesday 19 June 2012

Not your ordinary food court fare....

I must say that I haven't been going out to eat much lately, or if I do it's somewhere I have already told you about. I don't know if it is because of the colder climate or because dinner parties have been my latest "thing"

Regardless of the weather, I still like to shop or look around the shopping centres at the very least.
Do you remember 10+ or so years ago when so many of us went to the markets on the weekend? There were the Subi railway and Pavilion markets, the Midland markets, the Freo markets and the smaller ones scattered in between. I loved looking at all the quirky stalls and the atmosphere was always friendly and laid back. Thank goodness the Freo markets are still there to keep the tradition going.

So that brings me to the new Coventry Markets in Morley. I have been there several times and always manage to find something to eat but I really wish there were more interesting things to buy.
It seems so sterile compared to the vibe of the oldies but I think that that is because it looks like a big warehouse. There is an excellent coffee place, a great alterations shop and a wonderful cafe called Sevim's which is on the list of my favourite food places.

You know how you can tell if a restaurant is good because of how traditional the food is? Well this place is always full of people from ALL nationalities because it is amazing, inexpensive and the people who work there are really nice.













This is a zucchini stuffed with rice and mince, pilaf and chicken wings. Soul food cooked the way hubby's momma does it. You can get stuffed eggplant, peppers, gozleme, beans and things that make your tummy and face smile. Carnivores or veggos rejoice because there is something yummy for everyone!
Now I just go to Coventry to eat. If I find something to buy it's an added bonus :)

2 comments:

  1. We shop there for our groceries every week and usually stop by at Sevims! All the other places look a bit lacklustre but Sevims always has ppl buzzing around and you're right, the staff are really nice! I asked them once for 6 of their kebab flatbreads for a dinner party and they were really nice about it and sold them to me for $5! Their gozleme is nice, as is their kebab! Good call on going there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually made it to the markets when the shops are open! We have however tried to sushi place which is always pretty busy, the thai place (they forgot my 'no egg' request but bought me a new meal when i told them) and then indian place. The indian place was a rather awkward experience...atmosphere and staff, little things like giving you a bottle of sopftdrink with a straw in it, no glass offered, only 2 spoons for 4 dishes...very awkward!

    ReplyDelete