Tuesday 29 May 2012

Happy Meals :)

Gosh I'm so sorry that it's been so long! I hope you have all been eating delicious things and if not, telling everyone about it.
Now I don't normally go out of my way to eat Chinese food as I always used to end up with some sort of tummy achey thing or worse, trapped in the toilet for a few wonderful hours in the middle of the night. I actually hadn't thought about this place in quite a while but it's been around for years, has a kitchen that is very clean and the food comes out super fast.
Natey got all excited cos he thought we were going to Macca's when I mentioned Happy Meals but it's actually a restaurant across from the Park Centre on Albany Highway.
















In my opinion they make the best San Choy Bow I have ever eaten in Perth and they serve it for you using a fork and spoon scissored together in one hand which I have tried to master and miserably failed at. It comes in a hoisin sauce coated lettuce leaf and there is enough for myself, hubby and the offspring for an entree.


















The squid comes out piping hot and seasoned perfectly. It's tender, the batter is light and the salt doesn't overpower the dish. I didn't mention that the people working there shook their heads when we ordered but we managed to eat all the things :)

















This szechuan chicken is wonderful- the sauce is sweet, the onions cooked till tender and the chicken is the yummy soft thigh that complements saucy dishes so well.

















This is beef fried rice and is so simple but one of my favourite things from Happy Meals. Pretty much just egg, rice, spring onion and beef but it's delicious.

Have you tried anything there that you like? If so, please let me know. I tend to order the same things all the time....

1 comment:

  1. ooh, right near my work so Ive always meant to try. We need to go to Four Seasons chinese on William street too. Ive been once and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete