Monday 27 February 2012

You simply MUST try this!

I have mentioned before that my all time favourite cocktail is made by my friend Theo who is one of the Managers at MUST Wine Bar. Let me refresh your memory. Gosh I would kill for one right now...












Last Saturday night I was all dressed up after hosting one of my Burlesque High Teas and husby had just deposited the offspring at Grandma's so we decided to go out for a nice dinner. We tried calling Pata Negra and Bar One but last minute attempts at these places don't really cut it which I completely understand. At the very least I vowed to get my hands around a lychee martini and we would order from the bar side of MUST.

Happily we scored a table in the restaurant and proceeded to have one of the best dinners I have had in a while. I must at this point apologise for my pictures as it was very dark and the trusty old iPhone can only do so much. BTW I hate flash and will always shoot in available light as first option but I digress.









This is a chorizo sausage that is on the bar menu but we asked if we could do a sneaky and have it in the restaurant. I was so consumed with trying to get a photo of it that the first one ended up on my lap and the floor. Thank God for heavy napkins and staff who swooped in and picked it up before I could blink. They should play cricket for Australia.
I love the way it was cooked, how it was presented and the generous portion.














Now this pasta would rival the one I posted earlier in taste but it is also the second most expensive pasta I have ever bought after the one from the Rockpool (which I unfortunately will never have again now that I have tried this). It's angel hair pasta with blue manna crab, tomato, chili, basil cream and 34' south organic olive oil. This is a main that we shared as entree.
This pasta is heaven on a plate and if I had dropped this I probably would have tried to exercise the 3 second rule. I NEED more.













Not being ashamed of being a self-proclaimed weekend carnivore, my first choice in meaty goodness is always lamb. This is herb and macadamia crusted lamb loin with Paris mash, braised red cabbage and madeira jus. I am in love. The lamb served medium rare just melts in your mouth and the flavours of the cabbage, mash and jus medley are rich and gorgeous. This is a dish that has been well thought out on all levels and I can't think of anything that could improve it.











Last but certainly not least is the warm chocolate brownie with salted caramel icecream and malted anglaise. Simply put it's brownie, icecream and vanilla custard. And it is ALL perfect.
I think the hardest thing about going back to Must will be to not order all the things I ate all over again because I know how much I love them. But I have faith that if I do stray that everything else will be just as delicious.
And do order from the extensive wine menu as well- I had a Coriole red with the lamb and was recommended the perfect sticky to go with dessert. They know their shizz THANK GOD!

1 comment: