Wednesday 11 April 2012

Pasta Pass!

This is the post that directly contradicts the "Pasta Fail" one I did a little while ago....
As you know every Wednesday after my class in Freo we look for a decent place to have pasta and pizza (carbs=metabolism and all that). My brother-in-law has been raving about a little place in Salter Point but because quite often my hubsy and his brother have differing opinions when it comes to just about EVERYTHING we hadn't tried it up until last week.
All I have to say is OMFG!!! I thought Spaghi and Sandrino's were good but this little treasure, tucked into suburbia is my new all-time favourite place and I can't wait to go there again tonight!













Raktacino- how humble this place appears to be until you start to eat and your mouth explodes with party-like sensations! The young man behind the counter is very well spoken and considerate which is also a bonus.












I like to try the chili mussels when we go to a new place because if they are good, to me it's a sign that there are great things to come. Also, I eat alot so pretty much go through three courses.
The perfect amount of chili/tomato balance- not too hot and a pleasure to slurp up with the bread.












Pizza with tomato, pepperoni and baked capsicum. The crust was thin, the toppings fresh and it tasted like it was made with love.












Natey's kid's pizza. Delicious.












Now this bolognese is one of the best I have ever eaten. Traditionally cooked with a touch of sweetness
from the carrot. Not too saucy and nothing to add, not even salt.

I really wanted to try the dessert pizza but the other two weren't willing to help me out at this stage so I settled for the lemon meringue.












Funnily enough this is the only thing I can pick on and it wasn't made in house. The presentation was great but I love my lemon meringue and this just wasn't tangy enough for me. I like sour that slaps you in the face.

Looking around, it seems that this place is a favourite of the people in the area, tables were reserved and there were family groups with kids happy to play with toys on the floor. All the other dishes that were served looked equally delicious to mine- the steaks are huge as was the parma. I wish I had brought my own wine too.

I don't normally do addresses but have to in this case:
16 Letchworth Centre Avenue, SALTER POINT

Do it- your taste buds will thank both of us :)



No comments:

Post a Comment