Wednesday 28 December 2011

Just Desserts

I feel the need to write something about dessert- one of my favourite courses right after lunch and dinner :)
My hubby loves to prepare food but I am the one who always comes up with dessert. Sometimes I actually create something quite elaborate but this is not the case here. A friend of mine said that he likes trifle so I concocted what I will now call "Feisty's Instant Trifle" or basically all the ingredients bought pre-made and assembled in a glass vessel for visual appeal. It didn't taste bad either...

Ingredients:
Mini swiss roll soaked with pineapple juice
Thick custard (the kind you have to scoop)
Jelly (in the fridges at the supermarket)
Double cream (no scrimping here)
Chopped fresh mango
Passionfruit pulp

Method:
Layer like a boss and serve immediately :)



Another favourite of mine is the simple Giant Sandwich. They disappeared for awhile and were replaced by an inferior product made out of a biscuit that wasn't even chocolate flavoured and at least 2 inches smaller. I was pissed! Someone had to go and ruin a perfect recipe and call it a "Monaco" bar??
Thank God for Bulla- the biscuit is still chocolate and the vanilla icecream is as it says- creamy. If only it was 2 inches bigger I wouldn't have to eat more than one at a time....

It's pictured here with my hubby's dessert dream (no, not me). Connoisseur cookies-n-cream with banana, chocolate Ice Magic and raspberry lollies chopped up. This is what Sunday night looks like at our place :)




No comments:

Post a Comment