Thursday 29 March 2012

I love them as much as Homer loves Duff.

Gosh has it been 2 weeks already? Sorry guys but the world of Feisty has been fairly hectic but what else is new?
Anyway, seeing as I spent the last 2 entries ripping the shit out of a couple of places, I thought I would enlighten you on my 3 favourite cafes in Perth at the moment (I am a self proclaimed cafe whore so I may find something new and awe inspiring tomorrow). But for now you can just humour me :)

1. Infinity Cafe in East Perth- I happen to live within stumbling distance so am very grateful that the coffee (Lavazza) is made by people who actually put some love into their work and the owner Johnny is so anal about his food that I pretty much love everything I eat there.
Have I mentioned before how much it irritates me that I can't eat breakfast at the time of day I want to eat it at? Well at Infinity they serve it from when they open until they close which is a win in my books.

















Ah my perfect latte- not bitter, not too hot  and with a tree on it.












The big breakfast OF CHAMPIONS. Eggs, hash browns, sausages, mushrooms, eggs any way you want them and those beans. Sure they make your butt burp but those beans are homemade and are so worth the couple of hours of discomfort for others.
This is a toasted bagel with spinach, ricotta, poached eggs and bacon. Anyone who teams cheese with a bagel is winning in my opinion.

I've just shown you the breakfast food- Johnny is also a pastanazi so your lunch is going to be outstanding.

2. The Merchant in Mount Lawley- what a winner. The wine list is excellent and they have the best stuff that you can share with a friend (or not in my case). Just kidding I did share these fabulous mushrooms with wild rice and more ricotta. And that salad has candied walnuts in it.

The coffee is also very good and I love how you can sit inside, look around the store to see if anything takes your fancy or you can sit out the front and enjoy your wine and good company while watching dickheads break the 50kmp speed limit in their Ferraris.

3. Sayers in Leederville- all I can say is that if you haven't tried this cafe yet, well don't even talk to me! It would have to be my favourite breakfast place ever and yes I will break my no eating before 1pm rule to go there. The downside is that they do have specific times for brekky but the upside is is if you wait for lunch, it's just as good!












This is braised lamb, date chutney and buckwheat salad. You wouldn't think that the grilled orange has a place but when you eat it all together your mouth rejoices in the symphony of unusual combinations that Manu would say are "a marriage in heaven".

This is duck and pistachio tart with julienne salad. Now I believe that you don't make friends with salad but I will eat anything that is julienned. Only because I can't be arsed doing it myself. I try not to go near knives in general :)

Well there you have it! Do yourself a favour and try these places if you haven't already. And no there aren't any royalties here, otherwise I wouldn't have used profanity. Or would I?????










No comments:

Post a Comment