Monday 16 January 2012

Saturday/Sunday- fatterday/funday :)

You would be surprised to know that sometimes I actually bake stuff. OK let's be blatantly honest and admit it's for moolah.
In one of my jobs I take a High Tea to someones house to celebrate something. This one was for a birthday. My trusty sidekick was there to teach a burly-q lesson and the fact that we did this in a garage with no airconditioning goes to show that we are absolutely committed to our jobs or we are just plain silly. I prefer the first bit.
We bring everything- the cups, the plates, spoons, napkins, food. Then I make it look pretty and presentable while Lola shows the ladies how to shake their bits.

By the end of it I had drunk over 2 litres of water and my sweaty hair looked like thin fungus but it was fun :)






















Don't get me wrong, I love talking to people but after being nice for a few hours I really really REALLY need one (fifty) of these:




















This is a lychee martini made by a lovely friend of mine named Theo. You can find him at MUST Winebar. The froth on the top is from egg white and this cocktail is a little bit sweet and a little bit sour and a little bit FANTASTIC! His espresso martini rocks my world as well but as I only got there just after 11pm I didn't really want to be awake all night....

Now we come to the part of my weekend that I live for- Sunday. I had been planning to have a BBQ all week and had been consulting various cookery books for the yummiest of the yummy.



















Here is a lamb slider burger made by the husby with feta, rocket, egg, tomato relish and avocado.
There is watermelon and feta salad, cucumber, avocado, onion and lime salad and my favourite of the day- lamb cutlets wrapped with haloumi and prosciutto. When cooked you drizzle them with a bit of honey to offset the saltiness of the cheese. Heaven on a stick.
Husby also made field mushrooms stuffed with feta and christened with balsamic glaze and tomatoes topped with bocconcini and basil and drizzled with EVOO. Some days you are just happy to stay at home you know?

I had vanilla and caramel icecream topped with caramel Ice Magic (IKR?) and this is what HE made for himself- toasted banana bread with cookies n cream icecream, Ice Magic and raspberries. What you don't see is it covered with coconut flavoured whipped cream.


















I can't wait till next Sunday. Any smart person would happen to "be in the area" around the 6pm mark :)

No comments:

Post a Comment