Sunday 1 January 2012

From ewww to ahhhh.....

First of all may I wish you a Happy and Benevolent New Year! I hope all your dreams and aspirations come to fruition and if they don't I will applaud you when you pick yourself up and try again :)

Today is Monday. Fast day for me. No, not like it goes quickly- like I am not eating to rid my body of the 3.5kgs worth of food and drinks I consumed from Friday afternoon till about midnight last night. Did I tell you I'm excessive?
Anyway I'm cleansing my body and clearing my mind :)

I went to Perth Cup on NYE with some of my lovely Zumba family. It was a very enjoyable day with Sky Vodka mixes, $32.00 plastic bottles of bubbly (IKR?) and very bad spraytans. My God I cringe every time I go to one of these events. It's not like the spraytans I sell are the best on the market but I sure as hell wouldn't let anyone walk out of the salon with a delightful (not) orange hew. That coupled with the bleach blonde hair on some of the young lasses meandering about made for some very interesting lessons in contrast colours. And why are their feet still white???
Anyway, I digress. I didn't lose any money and all in all I had a great day with great people. Apart from this.


Sure the pic looks fine but that's because I shot it ;)
Every time I get food from any type of caravan I am sorely disappointed (no, one exception was the Shepherd's Pie at Fair Day this year). This was supposed to be a roast beef roll but the meat was more like overcooked silverside and came out in chunks all over my face when I was trying to bite through it. Dainty? You betcha! The bun was tough and the gravy tasteless. And this was Saturday Goddamnit!! I'm supposed to be eating all the food I love rather than risking salmonella on some brown shite in a sleeping bag :/

Fortunately my good friend saved me that night with wonderful homemade pizza, a chocolate fountain, delicious pavlova and brownies. Thankyou xxx

OK so waking up Sunday or NYD after drinking on Friday evening and all day Saturday was a bit difficult. We didn't get out of the house till 2pm and after a bit of aimless driving around, arrived at Atomic Cafe on Mends St.

At that point I would have probably eaten the roll above if it had been put in front of my face, but fortunately Atomic has one of my favourite pastas in Perth.

Cacciatore, pine nuts, field mushrooms, baby tomatoes and olive oil. I ask for a bit of chili on the side:


Hubby had a chicken, bacon and avocado on ciabatta. I love places that will change your bread for you without any fuss.


Being Sunday we pretty much continued to eat all the junk food in the house until late last night.

Normally I would be putting up pics of more waffles to bore you this week but tomorrow I am having
one final bash with a few friends, Tapas style. And there will be pics.

Don't worry, I'll fast again on Wednesday :)

1 comment:

  1. i am loving your blog feisty - its food heaven, and at the moment, i am eating for 2, so its all good!!! :) - anna

    ReplyDelete