Tuesday 31 January 2012

BUFFET is not a dirty word..

Actually, next to the word "cookie" I think it's one of my favourites in the english language! I even have "buffet pants" which expand in conjunction with my tummy after meals.

It was another birthday on Saturday night and when anyone asks me where to eat for any special occasion my answer is and will always be "Hyatt Buffet!".


















Fortunately I live across the road so can walk there and roll home which in this case was more of a stagger, bent over hunch-like as I had once again, outdone myself.














There are stations at the Cafe Hyatt- each one filled with delectable morsels and representing each course. The first one has cold meats, pate, caesar salad fixings, cheese and all the things to eat cheese with and seafood. Did I mention it was all you can eat?
I had a plate of cheeses, crackery things, raisins and pate. Then I had two plates of what is pictured above.














This is the hot food station with (from left to right) pizza, potatoes, ratatouille, goulash, soup, steak, lamb, chicken, pasta, vegetables, more vegeatables, roast, and breads. With all the accompanying sauces and gravies of course. I had two large plates full.


















And last but certainly not least is my favourite station- desserts. Even I can't remember everything that's on it but it's all delicious. It all comes in miniature so you can try everything if you have room.














They only have small plates at the dessert station but that's not good enough for me so I normally get
a dinner plate and fill it up. Here we have mango pudding, creme brulee, lemon meringue, semolina cake and the best bread and butter pudding in Perth IMHO. That's because it's made with croissants ;)
I think I decided to eat everything that was orange, yellow or brown in colour.
Dessert was my sixth plate for the evening and by that time I was struggling to breathe so called it quits. The Cafe at The Hyatt on a Saturday is $68 per head but if you have my appetite, you definitely get your moneys' worth!

For the ladies who had heard about how much I can eat but didn't believe it I'm very happy to have enlightened you :)

Happy Birthday CDP xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment